10 key components to build a successful online business
4. Select your Color Palette
The biggest mistake people make is to select colors for their website design based on their own personal preferences rather than what appeals to their prospective customers. Gender and age have a big impact on what colors you should select for your website. Strong colors are more likely to appeal to young men, while women find a subdued palette more pleasing.
It is important to consider the product or service you are offering on your website. If you offer something that requires trust or reflects tradition, deep navy and royal blues can convey that impression. Reds, oranges and other vibrant colors express energy and passion.
Contemporary fashion sites often select whites and grays to showcase their product images. Entertainment and food websites often go for more dramatic palettes.
call us to discuss your project 512-469-7454
here are some
- 10 Top Design Tips - essential ideas to make your site a success
- How to Select the Right Fonts for your Website
- Trends in Logo Design and How to use Logos in Websites
- Pallasart's Guide to Search Engine Optimization
- Pallasart's ABCs - Dictionary of Technical Terms
- Walt's Overview on Internet Video
- Making Effective use of Color in Websites
- Why a web page may look different on different computers
- The Austin Advantage
- Using Social Networking Sites Like Facebook and Twitter to Promote Your Business
- Royalty-Free Stock Photography Sources