10 key components to build a successful online business
6. Payment Systems
If you are offering products or services for online purchase you will need a system to process payments online and a merchant account to receive these payments into your bank account.
There are two alternative systems that are commonly used.
Authorize.net is the largest online processor of credit and debit card purchases. Merchant accounts charge for the Authorize.net payment gateway service through monthly and transaction fees. PayPal is a popular alternative that does not require customers to give online merchants their credit or debit card numbers. Many websites offer credit cards and PayPal as payment options. Each system require different programming. If you want autoship or automatic monthly charges for fees or services, you will require additional special programming.
call us to discuss your project 512-469-7454
here are some
- 10 Top Design Tips - essential ideas to make your site a success
- How to Select the Right Fonts for your Website
- Trends in Logo Design and How to use Logos in Websites
- Pallasart's Guide to Search Engine Optimization
- Pallasart's ABCs - Dictionary of Technical Terms
- Walt's Overview on Internet Video
- Making Effective use of Color in Websites
- Why a web page may look different on different computers
- The Austin Advantage
- Using Social Networking Sites Like Facebook and Twitter to Promote Your Business
- Royalty-Free Stock Photography Sources